Skip to main content

The Funniest Jokes With Long Set Ups

The Funniest Jokes With Long Set Ups That Are Totally Worth the Wait




1. There was a man in Bulgaria who drove trains for a living . He loved his job. Driving a train had been his dream ever since he was a child. He loved to make the train go as fast as possible. Unfortunately, one day he was a little too reckless and caused a crash. He made it out, but a single person died. Well, needless to say, he went to court over this incident. He was found guilty, and was sentenced to death by electrocution. When the day of the execution came, he requested a single banana as his last meal. After eating the banana, he was strapped into the electric chair. The switch was flown, sparks flew, and smoke filled the air - but nothing happened. The man was perfectly fine.





Well, at the time, there was an old Bulgarian law that said a failed execution was a sign of divine intervention, so the man was allowed to go free. Somehow, he managed to get his old job back driving the train. Having not learned his lesson at all, he went right back to driving the train with reckless abandon. Once again, he caused a train to crash, this time killing two people. The trial went much the same as the first, resulting in a sentence of execution. For his final meal, the man requested two bananas. After eating the bananas, he was strapped into the electric chair. The switch was thrown, sparks flew, smoke filled the room - and the man was once again unharmed.

Well, this of course meant that he was free to go. And once again, he somehow managed to get his old job back. To what should have been the surprise of no one, he crashed yet another train and killed three people. And so he once again found himself being sentenced to death. On the day of his execution, he requested his final meal: three bananas.

"You know what? No," said the executioner. "I've had it with you and your stupid bananas and walking out of here unharmed. I'm not giving you a thing to eat; we're strapping you in and doing this now." Well, it was against protocol, but the man was strapped in to the electric chair without a last meal. The switch was pulled, sparks flew, smoke filled the room - and the man was still unharmed. The executioner was speechless.

The man looked at the executioner and said, "Oh, the bananas had nothing to do with it. I'm just a bad conductor."

2. One day Einstein tells his driver that looks a bit like him:

"I'm sick of all these conferences. I always say the same things over and over!"

The driver agrees: "You're right. As your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."
 
"That's a great idea!" says Einstein. "Let's switch places then!"
 
So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein goes on stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.
 
But in the crowd, there is one scientist who wants to impress everyone and thinks of a very difficult question to ask Einstein, hoping he won't be able to respond. So this guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question. The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.
 
The driver looks at him, dead in the eye, and says :

 "Sir, your question is so easy to answer that I'm going to let my driver reply to it for me."

3. A gorilla dies of old age at a zoo right before the zoo opens. It is the only gorilla at the zoo since they are not very profitable.

However, the gorilla is their most popular attraction by far, and they cannot afford to go a day without it. So the zoo owner asks one of his workers to wear a gorilla suit they have in storage for an extra $100 a day if he will go in the gorilla cage and pretend to be the gorilla until the zoo can afford a new one.

Quickly, the new "gorilla" becomes the most popular craze at the zoo. People from all over are coming to see the "Human-like" gorilla.

About a month in, the craze has started to wear off. So, to get peoples' attention back, he decides to climb over his enclosure and hang from the net ceiling above the lions den next to him. A large crowd of people gather watching the spectacle in awe and terror. Suddenly the man loses his grip and falls to the floor of the lion's den. The man starts screaming "HELP!! HELP!!!" Suddenly a lion pounces him from behind and whispers in his ear, "Shut the fuck up right now or you're going to get us both fired."

4. A class goes on school field trip to a museum. A little boy breaks a vase then reads about it's history. He pretend it never happened. The school went on with the field trip until security stopped the boy and confronted him.
The teacher asks the boy, "Why didn't you tell someone you broke the vase."
the boy replies, "i didn't think it would matter, it said it was priceless.'
5. I live in Osaka, Japan and often use the subway to go to work in the morning. One day, when I was waiting for the train, I noticed a homeless man standing in a corner of the subway station, muttering to himself as people passed by. He was holding out a cup and seemed to be begging for spare change.
A fat woman passed by the homeless man and I distinctly heard him say, “Pig.” 
Wow, I thought to myself. This homeless man is insulting people and he still expects them to give him money? Then a tall businessman went by and the homeless guy muttered, “Human.” Human? I can’t argue with that. Obviously, he was human. The next day, I arrived early at the subway station and had some time to kill, so I decided to stand close to the homeless man and listen to his strange mutterings. A thin, haggard-looking man passed in front of him and I heard the homeless guy mutter, “Cow.” Cow? I thought. The man was much too skinny to be a cow. He looked more like a turkey or a chicken to me. A minute or so later, a fat man went by and the homeless man said, “Potato.” Potato? I was under the impression that he called all fat people “Pig”. That day, at work, I couldn’t stop thinking about the homeless man and his puzzling behavior. I kept trying to find some logic or pattern in what he was muttering. Perhaps he has some kind of psychic ability, I thought. Maybe he knows what these people were in a previous life. In Japan, many people believe in reincarnation. I observed the homeless man many times and began to think my theory was right. I often heard him calling people things like “Rabbit” or “Onion” or “Sheep” or “Tomato”. One day, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to ask him what was going on. As I walked up to him, he looked at me and said “Bread.” I tossed some money into his cup and asked him if he had some kind of psychic ability. The homeless man smiled and said, “Yes, indeed. I do have a psychic ability. It is an ability I obtained years ago. But it is not what you might expect. I can’t tell the future or read minds or anything like that.” “Then what is your ability,” I asked eagerly. “The ability is merely to know the last thing somebody ate,” he said. I laughed because I realized he was right. He said “Bread.” The last thing I had eaten for breakfast that day was toast. I walked away shaking my head. Of all the psychic abilities someone could have, that one must be the most useless. What is the hidden horror?



3. A Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London to the US.

After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken. The Irishman asked for a whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him.

The flight attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink. He replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips."
 
The Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me, too, I didn't know we had a choice."


4. When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, some of the training of the astronauts took place on a Navajo reservation.
One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question that his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits doing?"
A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send a message to the moon with the astronauts. Recognizing a promotional opportunity, the NASA folks found a tape recorder.
After the old man recorded his message, they asked his son to translate it. He refused. The NASA PR people brought the tape to the reservation, where the rest of the tribe listened and laughed, but refused to translate the elder's message.
Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. His translation of the old man's message was: "Watch out for these guys; they have come to steal your land."

5.  James is walking on a downtown street one day, and he happens to see his old high school friend, Harry, a little ways up ahead. "Harry, Harry, how are you?" he greets his old buddy after getting his attention.
"Not so good," says Harry.
"Why, what happened?" James queries.
"Well," Harry says, "I just went bankrupt and I've still got to feed my family. I don't know what I'm going to do."
"Could have been worse," James replies calmly. "Could have been worse."
 
A month or so later, James again encounters Harry, in a restaurant. "And how are things now?" he asks.
"Terrible!" says Harry. "Our house burned down last night."
"Could have been worse," says James, again with total aplomb, and goes about his business.

A month later, James runs into Harry a third time. "Well, how goes it?" he inquires.
"Oh!" says Harry. "Things just get worse and worse. It's one tragedy after another! Now my wife has left me!"
Harry nods his head and gives his usual optimistic-seeming little smile, accompanied by his usual words: "Could've been worse."
 
This time, Harry grabs James by the shoulders. "Wait a minute!" he says. "I'm not gonna let you off so easy this time. Three times in the past few months we've run into one another, and every time I've told you the latest disaster in my life. Every time you say the same thing: 'Could have been worse.' This time, for God's sake, Harry, I want you to tell me: how in Heaven's name could it have been any worse?"
 
James looks at Harry with the same little wisp of a smile. "Could have been worse," he says. "Could have happened to me."


6. A man is walking through his local mall and notices a Mexican book store. He decides to go in because he has never seen a Mexican book store before. He browses through the store and finally asks the clerk, "Do you have the book on Donald Trump's foreign policies with Mexico?" The clerk replies, "F*ck you, get out, stay out!" The man replies, "Yeah, that's the one!"















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NEW START

As the title of this blog says "A NEW START "  you might be thinking what this  blog is all about. Well i am writing this blog to share my experience when i started my own youtube channel. On 7 AUGUST 2017  i started by youtube channel euphoria official . I took this name from the word happiness. Euphoria means happiness. I started it as a humurous channel but deleted all videos as i was not satisfied with my work. Then i dropped the idea to work on YouTube. After some months i was back on that channel.  Till now i have understood that i can't make humorous videos. So i shifted towards new idea . On 18 january 2018 i uploaded my first remix on that channel and  that day my  channel EUPHORIA OFFICIAL was reborned . Now it was a music channel.  Below  is the link of my first music video  - CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO Now, You might be thinking that it is not a relevant answer that "i was not satisfied with my work" . Well , the thing is that i w

WHAT IS MOTIVATION? WHAT IS IT'S ROLE IN OUR LIFE? HOW CAN WE GET MOTIVATED?

WHAT IS MOTIVATION?  WHAT IS IT'S ROLE IN OUR LIFE? HOW CAN WE GET MOTIVATED? These are some questions that people thinks , maybe some does not . It depends on mental ability of a person . To be straight on our way, WHAT IS MOTIVATION? Motivation is nothing but a fuel to us. Just like a car requires fuel to run, we require motivation to do work . If we are motivated to do our work , we can never fail. Motivation is a desire or its better to say a burning desire to give the best we can . Now, WHAT IS IT'S ROLE IN OUR LIFE? Well, as i said before that Motivation is burning desire to give the best we can . A desire to do a work either it for us or for others. But one question still remained unanswered that HOW CAN WE GET MOTIVATED? So , for that i would say that it comes from us only. People sees motivational videos , the listen to motivational speeches that a person tells everybody after his success. According to me all these means are temporary soluti

MY ALL VIDEOS

THIS IS THE LIST OF ALL THE VIDEOS AVAILABLE ON OUR YOU TUBE CHANNEL " EUPHORIA OFFICIAL ". NOTE - 1. CLICK ON THE VIDEO NAME  TO SEE THE VIDEOS.               2. PLEASE USE GOOD QUALITY HEADPHONES FOR BEST EXPERIENCE.               3. THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED WHENEVER A NEW VIDEO IS UPLOADED. SUBSCRIBE  TO MY CHANNEL  Akhil | Akh Lagdi (BASS BOOSTED REMIX ) | Desi Routz | True Makers | Latest Punjabi Song 2018 One Million (BASS BOOSTED REMIX) | Jazzy B ft. DJ Flow | Latest Punjabi Song 2018 | Speed Records Kacha Pakka Yaar(bass boosted) - Parmish Verma | Desi Crew | Latest Punjabi Song 2018 ALONE REMIX ( BASS BOOSTED )|| MARSHMELLOW PANDA || TRAP REMIX || DESIIGNER KILLIN IT RIDE (Trap Remix) || TWENTY ONE PILOTS SUPER MARIO RUN TRAP REMIX BAD THINGS|| REMIX ( BASS BOOSTED ) ||  MACHINE GUN KELLY